Locate the Caves of Sare
The Caves of Sare are located in Sare in the Northern Basque Country, near the Navarrian border.
How to get to the Caves of Sare?
- By plane : the nearest airport is in Biarritz.
- By train : the nearest SNCF train station is in St Jean de Luz.
- By bus : with the Saint-Jean-de-Luz - Caves of Sare bus line.
There is a shuttle service departing from the bus station of St Jean de Luz, in front of the train station. Depending on the time of year, timetables change. Please contact the company by phone: +33 (0) 5 59 26 30 74.
- By car : from highway A63, exit at Bayonne, Biarritz or St Jean de Luz, and then follow the signs to SARE and GROTTES DE SARE.
- On foot : a path crossing Xareta from Urdax/Urdazubi and Zugarramurdi goes to the caves. It is called the smugglers path.
Three car parks stand at your disposal.