Visit of the Caves of Sare
Venture into the depths of the mountain Atxuria to discover the work done here by water during millions of years, its huge entrance porch and its past and current inhabitants...
Conditions of visit
The new sound and light tour of 45min totally redesigned is accessible to the largest number. A guide will accompany you throughout a secure way.
In free access, you can also discover :
our museum site presenting the various aspects of the evolution of the Man from prehistory to the present day, and also the inheritance left by the anthropologist Jose Miguel Barandiaran.
the reconstitued megalithic park allowing to become familiar with dolmens, cromlechs, and various monuments set up during the Protohistory.
- Car parks : 3 car parks are available for cars, motor-homes and buses.
- Payments : by debit card, checks and holiday vouchers are accepted (no change given for holiday vouchers).
- Pets: Animals are not allowed within the site.
- Restoration : You will find a bar/coffee and a restaurant (closed in 2016).
- Shop : you will find a souvenir shop in the entrance of the site.
The caves of Sare are the starting point for several hikes, for any levels, do not hesitate to discover our splendid natural heritage !